Are you are missing a single tooth? A dental implant is a permanent tooth restoration that can improve the ability to chew your food better, change appearance of smile and your ability to speak well. Partial denture can be a best option for single tooth replacement to get back your full smile. A dental bridge and dental crowns are another popular option while the implant replaces the missing tooth root.
Are you are looking for a treatment plan for missing teeth from a skilled dentist? At Naba Dental, our dentists will review your overall oral health and provide comprehensive preventive to restorative to dentistry option with most modern dental technology. Single tooth dental implant procedure that could last for your entire life with appropriate aftercare and also prevent further spread to the surrounding healthy tissues. If you are currently missing one of your teeth, read more about single tooth implants and why they’re the best tooth replacement option for you and your love one.
An Introduction to Single Tooth Replacement
Single implants can be used for individuals who are missing one or more teeth to fill in the gap and create a seamless look without having to involve the surrounding teeth. A dental implant specialist attaches a titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone that replaces the root-part of a missing tooth. Dental implants procedure can restore the look and feel just like your surrounding teeth that could last for your entire life.
Different Types of Dental Implants
Endosteal Dental Implants: This is the most commonly used type of dental implant which provides greater stability to the artificial tooth. They require a good, healthy jawbone for the post to support the implant.
Subperiosteal Dental Implants: This kind of dental implant is placed firmly on the jawbone, but the framework lies below the gum line. These implants are not drilled into the jawbone; a dentist will drill below your gums and install a metal frame.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Tooth dental implant replaces your entire missing tooth from root with a new root and a new tooth that bring back a complete and healthy smile on face.
- Dental implants function like natural teeth not only look and feel like real teeth.
- Dental implants won’t slip out of place or fall out while you’re talking because roots of teeth are anchored deep in the patient’s jawbone.
- While eating or speaking, you won’t have to worry about your teeth since they’re permanently attached to your mouth.
- Dental implants can be expected to last for decades with the right care.
- Maintenance is easy; Regular dental hygiene can decreases the chances of issues.
- Having your teeth replacement can boost your self-confidence in a lot of ways and also improve self image.
- Most people won’t even know or notice that you have dental implants, when you meet them for the first time.
Single Tooth Implant Procedure
- First Appointment– During your initial consultation, dentist will evaluate overall dental health and examine your teeth and take x-rays. They will also evaluate your bone density to ensure a long term success of dental implants. Bone density requirements for dental implants are necessary for favorable implant surgery results. We’ll discuss the best treatment plan for you. The dental implant procedure usually involves two visits, schedule your appointment now.
- Extraction-Process of placing a dental implant involves a surgical extraction technique consists to make room for an implant. Dental implant after a tooth extraction varies from patient to patient in order to allow the extraction site to heal.
- Implant Placement– Dental implant specialist makes a cut to open your gum and uncover the bone so that they can drill a hole where dental implant metal post will be placed.
- Placing Abutments – To place the abutment in implant, dentist will make a small incision in the gums and an abutment or small connector is affixed. Then replacement tooth can finally be installed.
- Crown Placement– Crowns are dental prosthetics that looks and function like real teeth. After the abutment is secure, finally a custom fabricated crown is a replacement tooth placed over the abutment to function like a real tooth.
Single Tooth Implants FAQs
What to expect after dental implant surgery?
Is everyone suitable for dental implants?
Why are dental implants best for tooth replacement option?
How long does it take for dental implants to heal?
The average recovery period for a tooth implant is about four to six months. Keep in mind that patients heal differently because every case is different and experience different levels of discomfort.